My Diet Cheat Sheet - 8 Steps to Lose the Fat


Here is an at-a-glance guide that summarizes the principles of my weight loss plan. By following this cheat sheet you will possess the basic tools to flatten you belly and firm up your body for life.

1. Eat. In order to kickstart and maintain a higher metabolism, eat six healthy meals (including snacks) spaced evenly throughout the day. I eat something about every three hours. Your body needs constant fuel in order to constantly improve and avoid overeating.

2. Plan. Twice a week I marinate my meats, cut my vegetables, and cook my meals. I line up a series of containers and create a variety of meals and healthy snacks that will serve me for the next three days. By preparing my meals in advance, but doing so only twice a week (instead of seven, which is not practical), I know for sure what I will be eating and that it will be healthy. I can guarantee that each meal will keep me going toward my goals- and more importantly I make it easy.

3. Emphasize Good Foods. Our bodies need various types of nutrition in order to function well- water, protein, carbohydrates, and fat (yes, fat). My meal plan focuses on eating a variety of lean meats and legumes (mostly nuts) for protein. I try to stick with foods that are high in fiber, high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and minimally processed. These types of protein also provide an adequate amount of fat, killing the need to seek out fat in a bag of potato chips.

4. The Power 12. Each meal you eat should contain two of the following:
· Almonds and other nuts
· Beans and legumes
· Spinach and other green vegetable
· Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese
· Oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
· Eggs
· Turkey and other leans meats
· Peanut butter or peanut flour
· Olive oil
· Whole-grain breads and cereals
· Whey protein powder
· Raspberries and other berries

5. Limit Bad Foods. Refined carbohydrates like baked goods, sugar, white-bread, white rice and pasta, saturated fats, trans fats, and high-fructose corn syrup.

6. Drink. It's important keep our calories in solid foods. By doing this, we dramatically increase our ability to burn fat and lose weight. I drink plenty of water (enough to have at least one clear urination per day). Limit yourself to two or three alcoholic beverages per week. Stay away from energy drinks, sodas and fruit juices.

7. Cheat. Once a week feel free to eat anything your heart desires

8. Exercise. Exercise is optional when you first begin your weight loss journey, but brisk walking is highly recommended. Focusing on nutrition is key in the first month, but after that you should begin to exercise for about twenty minutes a day three days a week.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Seth_Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment